Skip to main content

Divorce Lawyers

A married couple, or a party to that married couple, who is seeking a divorce is choosing to end their marriage.

Call Us: 02 9119 2232

Divorce Lawyers

A married couple, or a party to that married couple, who is seeking a divorce is choosing to end their marriage.

Call Us: 02 9119 2232
————  01. OVERVIEW

We Can Help

To be eligible for a divorce, you and your spouse have had to live separately and apart for at least 12 months, and there is no reasonable likelihood of resuming married life.

However, it is possible to live in the same house and still be separated. If there are children under the age of 18, a Court can only grant a divorce, if it is satisfied that proper arrangements have been made for the children. If you are seeking a divorce but have been married for less than 2 years, it is required to file a counselling certificate. To obtain this, you will need to attend counselling.

Here at One Law, we understand this extremely difficult time and are here to resolve your matter as quickly as possible with the least cost and stress to you.

Get Help Now

    First Name

    Last Name

    Email Address

    Phone Number

    How Did You Hear About Us?


    ————  02. RECENT WINS

    Success Stories


    Lorem sit Amet

    Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat laborum.


    Lorem sit Amet

    Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat laborum.

    See All Results

    Defending Against a De Facto Property Claim

    At One Law, we are committed to delivering outstanding legal services and achieving favorable outcomes…

    Varying Final Parenting Orders: The Rule in Rice & Asplund

    Family law matters involving children are often complex, overwhelming and emotional. One Law recently represented…

    Parenting Orders

    During a separation or divorce, one of the most important factors to consider is the…

    Court Orders by Consent

    Divorce is a stressful and emotional time for separating couples and often, prioritising the rights…

    Family Dispute Resolution – FDR

    Family Dispute Resolution (FDR) is the legal term for services (such as mediation), which help…

    Family Law – Children and Parenting

    A separation is often one of the most difficult and challenging times for young children,…

    Client succeeds in Contravention Application against spouse for breach of parenting orders and reunites with child after 6 months

    After settling the matter for our client, and achieving final parenting Court Orders, the other…

    De facto spouse successfully obtains an order to keep the former matrimonial home and receives monetary settlement.

    De facto separations can often bring about challenging times where one partner makes a decision…

    Husband receives double the property settlement he was first willing to accept.

    Not all separations go smoothly the first-time round. This was the case with Tony after…

    Enquiry and prompt investigation leads to the discovery of undisclosed property and a successful spousal maintenance order for our client

    It is often the case in many partnerships, where one partner is more actively involved…

    Father reunites with child after mother relocates with child to Melbourne without father’s consent

    Michael came to us after his ex-wife had taken their one-year old daughter to Melbourne….

    Financially Dependant Partner with ill child gets 67% of proceeds of property Settlement

    Every family living situation is different, and in one such situation, we acted for a…

    ———— 03. HOW WE CAN HELP YOU

    We Make it Simple

    01. Meet With Us

    We will spend time listening and understanding your individual circumstances and confirm your instructions that you wish to proceed with an application for a divorce. We will commence completing the relevant documentation with you.

    02. Put the Plan in Writing and Lets Talk

    After we meet, we will put together the application form and mark the relevant parts for your ex-spouse to complete. It’s now time to show this application to your ex-spouse for their consideration and signature.

    03. Negotiate the Final Terms

    If you have children under the age of 18, then it is important that a parenting plan has been agreed to and put into place. A binding financial agreement is also recommended. Generally, as long as the parties are agreeing to the divorce, within a short space of time we should be able to complete the application which is then forwarded to the Family Court of Australia for processing.

    04. Apply to the Court for Divorce

    We can then apply to the Court to formalise the divorce. We will finalise relevant application and file it with the Court together with the filing fee. After the Court processes the application the Court will confirm that the divorce has been approved.

    05. Apply to the Court for Final Orders

    There are times unfortunately when a divorce is opposed by one of the parties. If this occurs then it will be necessary to attend a Court hearing regarding the divorce.

    ————  04. WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY

    Your Success is Our Success

    “Very professional, quality professional advice and trustworthy. A firm committed and dedicated to clients. To summarize, great people, incredible work in getting the justice for clients. Thanks and greatly appreciate your help.”

    ————  05. OUR TEAM

    Your Family Law Specialists

    At One Law, we understand that every case is different, and we take the time to get to know your situation. We are your local lawyers with access to resources in all states, so you know your case is in good hands no matter where you are in Australia. Meet our Family Law Specialists.

    James Saba


    Read More

    Geetha Sanderan

    Special Counsel and General Manager

    Read More

    Joanna Azzi

    Special Counsel and Family Law Practice Manager

    Read More

    Masood Salehi


    Read More

    Melissa Gok


    Read More

    Ninwa Merkus


    Read More

    Antonio Abousleiman


    Read More
    ————  06. WHAT ELSE WE DO

    Family Law Services

    De facto Relationships

    A de-facto relationship is a relationship between you and your partner, who may be of the same…

    Read More

    Parenting Plans and Orders

    A couple have separated if their relationship is over and they no longer continue to share a…

    Read More

    Spousal Maintenance

    Spousal maintenance is financial support paid by a party to a marriage to their former husband…

    Read More

    Child Support

    Child Support is usually calculated by the Departmen of Human Services using a formula which…

    Read More

    Property and Financial Arrangements

    Following a separation, careful consideration needs to be given to preparing a binding financial…

    Read More

    Have a Question?

    Call or email us today if you have an enquiry.

    Contact Us

    Do you need a Family Lawyer?

    Call us on our advice line 1800 663 529 or leave your details and we’ll call you.

    Contact UsCall Us: 02 9119 2232